Adding an application to the Quick Menu
Did you know that you can now add applications directly to the Quick Menu for the ScanSnap iX500? The scanner comes with several applications to help operators be productive with their scanned paperwork and business cards. If the application can open and view a PDF or JPEG file, it can be added directly into the Quick Menu. Here’s an example on how to add Photoshop as a new application to the Quick Menu:
Step 1: Add your Application to the Quick Menu
- Double-click on the ScanSnap icon in the task tray
- De-select Quick Menu (Quick Menu will not have a check mark next to it when it is disabled.)
- From the Application tab, click [Add or Remove…]
- In the Add or Remove Application dialog, click [Add…]
- The Application Settings dialog will appear. Click [Browse…]
- Browse and locate the Photoshop.exe file (example: C:Program FilesAdobeAdobe Photoshop CS6…)
- Click [Open]
- In the Application Settings dialog name the application and click [OK] (example: Adobe Photoshop)
- Add a description if needed
- You can also choose the file format that is supported (PDF or JPEG)
- Click [OK]
- Close the Add or Remove application window.
Step 2: Begin Scanning
- Turn on the Quick Menu
- Load paper in the scanner
- Press the scan button
- After all your pages have been scanned you will be presented with the Quick Menu and Photoshop will be added.
It’s as simple as that. Now you can easily add your favourite application that supports PDF or JPEG directly to the Quick Menu for easy and direct integration.