10 pieces of advice for Small Business Owners
Are you thinking of starting a small business of your own? If so, we would like to share some pieces of advice:
- Keep your mind open to finding an unmet or under-met niche demand in the industry that you are passionate about.
- Find a mentor; get appropriate legal/tax advice before starting the business. Hire a good lawyer, insurance person and accountant, so that you can stay focused on your ambitions.
- Read about and network with other small business owners before printing your business cards and setting up shop. You can learn from their successes and their failures.
- Prior to launching your business, create a business plan with a strategic marketing/advertising plan and utilise cloud technologies to simplify business operations.
- Connect and network from the get-go; get the word out and get in front of potential clients.
- Surround yourself with other self-employed people – you can help each other and you’ll have a strong network to bounce ideas around.
- Treat each client as you would want to be treated.
- Employ hard workers who are loyal and honest.
- Keep up with technology – it can help streamline and simplify.
- Continue your visibility in as many ways as possible. Always reminding your customers of your availability will aid your efforts in branding.